If you find yourself moved with compassion when you hear the heartache of others, you probably have gifts that would make you a great care pastor. These people make periodic phone calls on church members seeking ways that the church can care for and pray for them.
Please take some time today to pray for the following:
10376 Felch Street, Zeeland, MI 49464 | Phone (616) 772-4907 | Fax (616) 772-5078 | Prayer Line (616) 772-5988 #6
"Whoever wants to be first must be last of all and servant of all..."
Greatness, in the Kingdom of God, comes through serving others. Jesus himself set the ultimate example for what that looked like when he laid down his very life on our behalf.
You are invited to join with the many people who call Community home that have cared, counseled, painted, raked yards, built houses, served in soup kitchens and made meals.
Can we contact you, if so how?
Request maybe communicated to:
To access Community Church's telephone prayer line, please call (616) 772-5988
Updates for Thursday, October 16:
- Donna Overweg (a charter member of Community Church), passed away on Wednesday afternoon. Our condolences are extended to her husband, John; and children, Jim & Carol Overweg, Larry & Sandy Overweg and Diane & Tom Wentzel. Visitation is scheduled from 4:00-7:00 PM Sunday, October 19, at Yntema Funeral Home. The funeral will be held at 11:00 AM Monday, here at Community.
- We also express our sympathy to Marcia & Jack Geerlings and Merry & Al Brummel with the death of their brother, Gary Overweg, on October 10. A memorial service is scheduled at 11:00 AM Saturday, October 18, at Holland Heights CRC. No visitation time has been given.
- Condolences are expressed to Paul and Joyce Jacobusse with the passing of their sister-in-law, Audrey Jacobusse, on October 12. No formal funeral service is scheduled.
- Kendra DeVries remains hospitalized at DeVos Children's Hospital following an extensive surgery.
- Keaton Kroll is now home after a stay at DeVos Children's Hospital for breathing difficulties.
- Kim Haveman is home and under doctor's care following hospitalization for issues relating to her kidneys and blood sugar levels.
- Jen Bakhuizen, our new Children's Ministries Director, has been experiencing difficulties relating to surgery needed for kidney stones.
- Brandon Miedema is back on U.S. soil (Ft. Braggs, NC) after serving in Afghanistan.
- Connor and Mallory (Brevard) were united in marriage on October 11.
Ongoing Prayer Items
- Sharon Moss (missionary in Annville, KY): Cancer treatments
- Holly Snyder: Dealing with ongoing health issues
- Loie DeVries: Cancer (contained in one area)
- Bob Borst: Leukemia; Chemo treatments -- recovering from stem cell transplant (CarePage available for updates)
- Graham Muilenburg: Brittle bone disease
- Katie Whitmyer: Chemo treatments
- Jilayne Allen: Oakcrest Manor -- rehabilitation following a stroke
- Ron Ellens: Fabrays Disease; kidney transplant took place on September 18, 2014