If you find yourself moved with compassion when you hear the heartache of others, you probably have gifts that would make you a great care pastor. These people make periodic phone calls on church members seeking ways that the church can care for and pray for them.
Please take some time today to pray for the following:
10376 Felch Street, Zeeland, MI 49464 | Phone (616) 772-4907 | Fax (616) 772-5078 | Prayer Line (616) 772-5988 #6
"Whoever wants to be first must be last of all and servant of all..."
Greatness, in the Kingdom of God, comes through serving others. Jesus himself set the ultimate example for what that looked like when he laid down his very life on our behalf.
You are invited to join with the many people who call Community home that have cared, counseled, painted, raked yards, built houses, served in soup kitchens and made meals.
Can we contact you, if so how?
Request maybe communicated to:
To access Community Church's telephone prayer line, please call (616) 772-5988
Updates for Friday, March 27:
- Thelma Terpstra, a member of Community, passed away on March 25. We extend our condolences to her husband, Gord, and brother- and sister-in-law, Roger and Lila Terpstra, as well as their entire family. Visitation The funeral will be held at 1:00 PM today (Friday) here at Community.
- Our sincere sympathy is expressed to Deb Hengst and family with the unexpected death of her husband, Ken, on March 24 while in Florida. Family members include their sons, Bryant (Ashley), Justin and Andrew; father- and mother-in-law, Harold & Jan VanOrman, and sister- and brother-in-law Lynn & Del Lankheet. Visitation is scheduled from 10-11:00 AM Thursday, April 2, in the church lobby. The funeral will immediately follow at 11:00 AM in the church auditorium.
- Condolences are expressed to Lorraine Folkert with the death of her sister, Pearl Kooienga. Visitation is scheduled from 10-11:00 AM Saturday, March 28, at Cook Funeral Home, 4235 Prairie Street, SW (east building) in Grandville. The funeral service will take place immediately following the visitation (11:00 AM) Saturday at the funeral home.
- We extend our sympathy to Al & Glenda Holstege with the passing of Al's brother, Arlyn Holstege, on March 21.
- Ray Kirn's carotid surgery went well on Thursday.
- Ed Bareman remains at the Meijer Heart Center following open heart surgery and is showing slow, but steady, improvement.
- Sherill Bishop remains hospitalized with late stages of pancreatic cancer.
- Grace Blankestyn was moved to Freedom Inn for additional care following hospitalization.
- Holly Snyder was released from Pine Rest and is feeling improvement.
Ongoing Prayer Items
- Al Brummel: Treatments for cancer
- Bonnie Geurink: Chemo and radiation treatments for lung cancer (CarePage available for updates)
- Sharon Moss (missionary in Annville, KY): Cancer treatments
- Holly Snyder: Dealing with ongoing health issues
- Graham Muilenburg: Brittle bone disease
- Jilayne Allen: Oakcrest Manor -- rehabilitation following a stroke
- Ron Ellens: Fabrays Disease; kidney transplant took place on September 18, 2014