If you find yourself moved with compassion when you hear the heartache of others, you probably have gifts that would make you a great care pastor. These people make periodic phone calls on church members seeking ways that the church can care for and pray for them.
Please take some time today to pray for the following:
10376 Felch Street, Zeeland, MI 49464 | Phone (616) 772-4907 | Fax (616) 772-5078 | Prayer Line (616) 772-5988 #6
"Whoever wants to be first must be last of all and servant of all..."
Greatness, in the Kingdom of God, comes through serving others. Jesus himself set the ultimate example for what that looked like when he laid down his very life on our behalf.
You are invited to join with the many people who call Community home that have cared, counseled, painted, raked yards, built houses, served in soup kitchens and made meals.
Can we contact you, if so how?
Request maybe communicated to:
To access Community Church's telephone prayer line, please call (616) 772-5988
Updates for Thursday, January 22:
- Condolences are extended to Bill & Shelley VanDenBerge with the passing of Bill's sister, Sandy VanderZwaag, on January 20. The funeral will be held at 2PM Saturday, January 24, at North Holland Reformed Church. Visitation is scheduled from 6-8PM Friday at the church and one hour prior to the funeral service on Saturday.
- Our sympathy is also expressed to Dale & Julie Brinks with the passing of Dale's mother, Viola Brinks, on January 20. Viola Brinks was also the sister-in-law of Arloa Lemmen. Visitation is scheduled from 4-7PM Friday at Langeland-Sterenberg Funeral Home on 16th Street. The funeral will be held at 1:30PM Saturday at Ebenezer Ref. Church.
- Condolences also to Jean Hop with the passing of her sister-in-law, Wanda Hop, on January 20. Visitation is scheduled from 4-7PM Friday at Langeland-Sterenberg Funeral Home on 16th Street. The funeral will be held at 10AM Saturday at Harderwyk Ministries.
- Rog VandenBosch is a patient at Zeeland Hospital with flu-like symptoms.
- Alaine Mast had knee replacement surgery on Monday, January 19.
- Max Capel is also recovering from knee replacement surgery on Monday.
- Lee Arendsen was transferred to Freedom Inn following a stay in the hospital.
- Donna Arendsen was also transferred to Freedom Inn for rehab following what appears to be a stroke.
- Kim Haveman is recovering at home following foot reconstruction surgery.
- Harold VanOrman is recovering at home following quadruple heart bypass surgery.
- Congratulations to Peter and Katie Zeedyk with the adoption of their son, Max, which was finalized on January 22!
- Denny Bull is scheduled for vascular surgery on Friday, January 23, at the VA Hospital in Ann Arbor.
- Greg Hewitt is scheduled for a bone marrow transplant in mid-February.
Ongoing Prayer Items
- Sharon Moss (missionary in Annville, KY): Cancer treatments
- Holly Snyder: Dealing with ongoing health issues
- Bob Borst: Leukemia; Chemo treatments -- recovering from stem cell transplant (CarePage available for updates)
- Graham Muilenburg: Brittle bone disease
- Katie Whitmyer: Chemo treatments
- Jilayne Allen: Oakcrest Manor -- rehabilitation following a stroke
- Ron Ellens: Fabrays Disease; kidney transplant took place on September 18, 2014